Sunday, July 28, 2013

Burning up on the Western States...

Mans it's been hot lately, I think we are pushing over 12 days of 100 plus degree temps, some of them in the 110 range. I've been trying to get out early on my longer weekend rides to try and get ahead of the heat. Even leaving on Sat for a 7 hour road ride at 6 am I got killed coming back up Foresthill Rd. at 1pm.

Man I thought I was going to die for sure out there. It's funny, I used to thrive in the heat when I was younger. I could work all week in sizzling heat and just kill it on the weekend rides. Not anymore, it's all I can do to muster enough energy to get in the shower after working for the umpteenth day in the heat yet alone get on my bike for a 3 hour after work ride.

On Sunday I decided to get out early and ride from the house to Deadwood on Western States. The Tevis is next weekend and the trail is never the same after 200 horses race on it, you can't tell them that, but that's a story for another time.

The trail rolled out as usual. I was checking the track for the Trail Race(CSTR) next month and so far it's been spot on which makes me happy.

Not much to add, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Stopping at water was the theme of the day, lots of head dunking.








No comments:

Post a Comment